The Institute of Advanced Chemistry of Catalonia is looking for excellent postdoctoral researchers from any country in the world interested in applying for the Beatriu de Pinós (BP2021) call, of the Agency of Management of University and Research Grants (AGAUR), to carry out a 3-year research project.
The research carried out at IQAC is based on the application of chemical approaches to address and solve societal challenges, mainly those related to human health, the sustainability of chemical processes and products, and the needs for novel materials for different applications. In this regard, the research programs carried out in our institute are aimed at:
- The development of methods and strategies for the synthesis of molecules of high added value (Methods & Strategies)
- The discovery of chemical and molecular entities of therapeutic, biological and biomedical interest (Tools & Hits)
- The study of molecules with surfactant properties, including synthesis, biophysical studies and applications (Surfactants)
- The generation and use of nanobiotechnology knowledge for the prevention, diagnostic and treatment of diseases (Nanomedicine).
Administratively, the research groups at IQAC are organized in two departments: Biological Chemistry, and Surfactants and Nanobiotechnology. Moreover, research is complemented with a range of diverse scientific and technical platforms (including cell culture and animal facility), which offer their capabilities to both internal and external users.
How to apply?
To be eligible, the candidate must:
- Hold a doctoral degree (PhD obtained between 1st January 2014 and 31th December 2019)
- At least 2 years of postdoctoral experience outside Spain
- Have not worked or lived in Spain for more than 12 months in the last 3 years before the deadline.
For more information an applying, visit the AGAUR website.
Deadline: 28th March 2022.