The Institute of Advanced Chemistry of Catalonia (IQAC-CSIC) is looking for excellent postdoctoral researchers from any country in the world interested in applying for the Beatriu de Pinós BP2020 call to carry out a 3-year research project in an unbeatable working environment.
The research carried out at IQAC is based on the application of chemical approaches to address and solve societal challenges, mainly those related to human health, the sustainability of chemical processes and products, and the needs for novel materials for different applications. In this regard, the research programs carried out in our institute are aimed at:
- the development of methods and strategies for the synthesis of molecules of high added value (Methods & Strategies)
- the discovery of chemical and molecular entities of therapeutic, biological and biomedical interest (Tools & Hits)
- the study of molecules with surfactant properties, including synthesis, biophysical studies and applications (Surfactants)
- the generation and use of nanobiotechnology knowledge for the prevention, diagnostic and treatment of diseases (Nanomedicine).
Administratively, the research groups at IQAC are organized in two departments: Biological Chemistry, and Surfactants and Nanobiotechnology. Moreover, research is complemented with a range of diverse scientific and technical platforms (including cell culture and animal facility), which offer their capabilities to both internal and external users.
To be eligible, the candidate must:
- Hold a doctoral degree (PhD obtained between 1st January 2013 and 31th December 2018)*
- At least 2 years of postdoctoral experience outside Spain
- Have not worked or lived in Spain for more than 12 months in the last 3 years before the deadline.
*Some exceptions apply (see the call text)
If you are interested, please send a CV and a motivation letter explaining your research interest and background by 1st March 2021 to Asun Burguete (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating Beatriu de Pinós BP2020 call in the subject.
Deadline: 1st March 2021